Same as with your car, thorough care and proper maintenance must be given to the roof of your own house. It is part of your biggest investment, which is your house. To prevent roof damage and repair costs, annual maintenance must be ensured through the years. The roofing system in your house is considered as the best defense against the invaders which includes several weather changes. Rain, snow, hail, ice, molds, you name it, a good roofing system will keep you and your whole family guarded at all times.
Preventive ways are far better than the repair process in all aspects of life. It is a very wise idea to have a regular maintenance of the roof and all the other systems of your house to have a more fulfilling, secured, and comfortable life with the whole family. This list will serve as a guideline to avoid roof damage and repair in the long run.
1. There are no roof leaks and you think your roof is absolutely fine. Do not be so sure about it. It will be best if an annual check and monitoring of the roof shall be done to catch any problems or possible damage that may occur. This way you can save hefty amount of money by preventing further damage. However, some experts had suggested that for temperate, cold countries, it is a good idea to have the roof check twice a year, one is done on spring, and the other follow up check during the fall season.
2. To ensure safety while checking for any roof damage and repair, use binoculars. This is the easiest and safest way to check your roof. But, if you need to use the ladder for thorough inspection and cleaning, make sure that the ladder is taller than the roof line. Remember, if you need to reach on the farther side of the roof, do not think of leaning on the side of the ladder as falling will be inevitable.
3. Keep an eye over tree branches. If it is already touching the roof, the, trimmed it, or better yet, remove the branches.
4. Check ceilings and walls against water stains or any mold, mildew substances as these may indicate water leaks.
5. Regular cleaning of the gutters of leaves and twigs is a must in keeping away from roof damage and repair especially during winter to avoid clogging of any debris and refreezing of snow.
6. The snow build up in the roof may cause undue stress on it because of the excess weight of snow and ice. If this will happen frequently, the water may leak in the attic and may damage the roofing system. So, while the snow is still fresh, use the long handled rake in removing it.
7. Check for any black discoloration on the roof as it indicates formation of mold or fungus especially on the shadiest part. These substances cause severe damage on the roof.
Not only that, you are assured of a more secured and livable home for the whole family.
Find a roof repair company today!